Elder Merrill's Current Address

Elder Merrill's Current Address

Elder Nathaniel Merrill
Philippines Baguio Mission
PO Box 7 (po box for letters only)
Brgy: San Vicente East
Urdaneta City, Pangasinan 2428
Philippines

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Teaching

Hello to everyone,
This week was a pretty fantastic week. We had a lot of marvelous lessons. We were able to teach a lot of people, we also were able to find a lot of people that seem sincerely interested to learn about the Restoration and the church. There are a lot of part member families in our area and we have started to teach some of them. It is so wonderful to teach the part members because a piece of the family already knows the truth. We have been able to find part members families in our area that are excited with what we have to share. We can share with them about Eternal Families, and how they too could become an eternal family, and be able to see firsthand the many wonders that comes with the true church. This week I did teach quite a bit. I worked with other missionaries two times this week, once with another fairly new Elder, and once with the Zone Leaders. (on a side note, there are two zone leaders in every zone. And they are companions. That is how it is done in every mission now I believe, but I know that in the past it was different.) When I worked with the Zone leader in my area, (Elder Tolman worked with the other Zone leader in their area) I was able to teach a lot. The Zone leader I worked with had a sore throat and didn't really want to talk very much. I was also the one who knew the area so he didn't know the individual needs as well as I did. He helped me a lot, but he wanted me to say all that I could before he said what he had to say. It helped me also just because of the quantity of the lessons I had to teach. He was also quite the teacher himself, I saw him say just what he needed to say in a very powerful, and very concise way. Later in the week Elder Tolman and I met with a new member family and told them about the Priesthood. It was of interest to me because as new members they were very truly interested. Sometimes less actives, or the nonmembers we teach don't really care that much. That family also really deep words. Elder Tolman didn't even know a few of the words they used. I learned a new way to say 'just a little bit', I also learned how to say summarized. I didn't catch some of the other words they said but they had a lot. All in all It has been a fantastic week. Sincerely,
Elder Nathaniel Merrill
P.S. The letter after F. doesn't work on this keyboard I had trouble tryin to phrase some thins

No comments:

Post a Comment