Elder Merrill's Current Address

Elder Merrill's Current Address

Elder Nathaniel Merrill
Philippines Baguio Mission
PO Box 7 (po box for letters only)
Brgy: San Vicente East
Urdaneta City, Pangasinan 2428
Philippines

Monday, April 9, 2012

Pozorrubio 1st Ward

I got transferred this week. My new area is Pozorrubio 1st ward. Yes, that is a ward not a branch. Pozorrubio is in Urdaneta Zone, BTW. I am also in the Province Pangasinan. If you happen to meet any Filipinos they are more likely to know Pangasinan and then Urdaneta. Agoo is in Agoo zone in La Union province BTW. I probably should have said that when I got transferred there but I honestly didn't know the provinces at all back then. My new companion is Elder Trujillo, he is the district leader. He is a Filipino and he is from Visayas Island in the Philippines. I don't remember the town. He speaks alright English, but we just speak Tagalog all the time. He has been in the mission... 23 months. I am going to kill him, i.e. be his companion when he goes home. My new area is a little bit different from Agoo. For one, it is hotter. I feel a lot hotter now than I ever did in Agoo. Speaking of that I also feel taller. Filipinos are relatively short, but i always had an American next to me. Now without that American I feel huge.
Yesterday was conference. I really enjoyed it. The power went out twice during it though. Most people only attended the Sunday Morning session. We had to go to Urdaneta City to the Stake center to watch it. Two talks I liked were Cheryl Esplin and Richard G. Scott. Sis Esplin talked about parenting and teaching children, but her words easily apply to teaching in general. After all if you can teach a child, you should be able to teach anyone. Elder Scott spoke on personal revelation which of course I need daily. I also liked how Elder Scott mentions his wife in seemingly every talk.
I like my new area, I've already met some great people. We taught one family with a cute little girl. They are recent converts. After the lesson the little girl, who is very talkative told us to stay and eat. My thoughts were to politely decline, but after I did the parents said that if we don't stay for food their child will cry. Needless to say we ate some food. very funny little girl.
Before getting transferred I hoped for the opportunity to be able to play the piano again in my next area. (Actually the Two things I wanted and prayed for was to have a Filipino companion and be able to play the piano.) Well I met the Bishop and he asked if I knew how to play the Piano, I answered yes and thought my opportunity was coming. His next request surprised me. He then asked if I could teach Piano lessons to his daughter. So earlier today, and every Monday following I am now teaching Piano lessons. That is going to be more difficult then just playing in Sacrament. The Bishop said I will leave a legacy in this ward and they will always remember me because I am teaching them to play the Piano. All in all, I like my area, the people here, and my companion. It looks like it will be a good transfer. I will miss Agoo, but I am still excited for Pozorrubio.
Good luck to you all and have a wonderful week,
Elder Nathaniel J. Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment