Elder Merrill's Current Address

Elder Merrill's Current Address

Elder Nathaniel Merrill
Philippines Baguio Mission
PO Box 7 (po box for letters only)
Brgy: San Vicente East
Urdaneta City, Pangasinan 2428
Philippines

Monday, September 3, 2012

August 14th, 2012

Well guess what!     I transferred this week.  I believe I said I probably would.  I now am in Lingayen 2nd ward.   My companion right now is Elder Sagayno from Manila.
I included some pictures of investigators in Pozorrubio as well as some pictures of Lingayen. ( A really cool family in Pozorrubio that is so so so golden)

So here is the funny thing about this transfer.  My buddy Elder Harrison was in the MTC with me, and we got to the Philippines at the same time.  Then we were both assigned in the city of Agoo.  We both transferred out at the same time and went to our separate areas, then we both found out we were training at the same time.
We both just finished training and were transferring again this transfer, and it just so happens that we both are follow up training each others trainees. We just switched areas.  We have essentially had the same mission for the first year.  We have had the same areas, but in different orders, and we have had at least some of the same companions in those areas.  So thats pretty cool.

     A good way to describe Lingayen would be Flooded.  It is right next to the ocean, and so if it rains a lot it is flooded fast. However did you saw the plus in that sentence? Next to the ocean.  We have a beach in the area.  I walked on the beach the other day.  I saw the ocean.  There are some people we teach that live right on the beach, it's pretty cool.  But, it does get really flooded if it rains.  My first night I found myself walking through water up to my calf.  Up to my calf.  We were walking in the middle of a road.  Why is the water that deep?  That's nothing they say.  We will see.  Hopefully I'll send pictures sometime of me walking through this water.  I have met some of the people in this ward, it is super organized.  I don't play the Piano anymore, this ward has a piano player.  The Bishop is pretty young as well, well not that young but he looks young. The chapel is also really nice. (probably because it's a stake center.)  Lingayen happens to be the capital of Pangasinan, the state capital building is pretty close to the chapel.

    I met one family that has an English speaking child.  She speaks English.  She decided that when she was young she wanted to learn English so she always read English books and watched English movies.  Now she speaks English, she also loves to read.  Probably could be Elizabeth's best friend. We have a lot of peole to teach so I expect good things here.

--
Have a good week, keep your head up, and smile.
                                                                          Elder Nathaniel J. Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment