Elder Merrill's Current Address

Elder Merrill's Current Address

Elder Nathaniel Merrill
Philippines Baguio Mission
PO Box 7 (po box for letters only)
Brgy: San Vicente East
Urdaneta City, Pangasinan 2428
Philippines

Monday, September 3, 2012

July 23rd, 2012

     Last week I think I mentioned that I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting.  Well it was so good that I was asked to give a talk again... well actually no, I don't know why I was asked to give a talk again but I did give a talk again this week.  It makes me at least feel like the Bishop trusts me, which is a good thing.  
    So this week it rained a lot.  Rain isn't bad, not really, the only problem is that it makes it a little bit harder for investigators and less actives to keep certain commitments.  Yesterday at church not too many people came, there was one person who has just barely returned from Manila and he said to me 'Elder you must be working hard there are a lot of people here'  I responded our numbers were low today and he said' yeah but it's raining, no one comes to church when it rains.'  When it rains on Sunday the numbers apparently drop.  For the most part only people who live really close to church and the really active members came yesterday.  It is a little difficult for less actives who haven't come regularly in years or investigators who've only come once to come when there is heavy rain.  It's all right though although we had only a few the ones who are really progressing came, and it also helps us see some of the people who need to strengthen their faith.  
      This week we worked a lot in an area called Imbalbalatong.  I have seen so many people in this barangay ready to accept the gospel, there is only one problem; one side of the street is ours, the other side is the other wards.  We talk to people on the street, give them pamphlets or Books of Mormon, make a return appointment, and then when we go to their house we realize they belong in the other ward. When we talk to people or ask referrals, 50% are in our area, and 50% in the other.  It's hard, because every lesson we teach there is a good lesson.  Everyone that I've met there has been receptive, the only problem is after half our first lessons we go tell the other Elders we have a referral for them.  The work is really good there.  We ended up going to almost the very end of the street and we found a whole compound of people who were willing to listen to us.  I think we will start going there a little more often and we will see what will happen. 

--
Have a good week, keep your head up, and smile.
                              
                                             Elder Nathaniel J. Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment